All most of us know who Emilia Clarke is, what role she has played in ‘Game of Thrones’ series. But how many of us know, or how far do we know, about the actress’s real life? Not much. This post will tell you some interesting things about the star.
An English actress, born in London and brought up in Berkshire, Emilia Clarke is the fifth-highest-paid American TV star on a network primetime show with an estimated $1.1 million per episode. Below is a list of interesting things about her which you probably didn’t know. Take a look.
1. Emilia Clarke landed the role of Daenerys Targaryen in ‘Game of Thrones’ just a year after her drama school graduation.
2. She played a few small roles on television before landing her first major part in ‘Game of Thrones’.
3. Clarke was bullied for her eyebrows at school.
4. Her mom told her that she would be thankful for her eyebrows when she gets older.
5. Her mom had a rule when Clarke was growing up.
6. She is also musically talented.
7. If she wouldn’t be an actress, she would’ve been an architect, a singer, or a graphic designer.
8. Clarke used to work as a licensed real estate agent when she was a student at New York University.
9. She has worked as a bartender.
10. Clarke likes sports. She horseback-rides, ice skates, rows, and runs, among others.
11. Her favorite TV series is ‘Girls’.
12. Although her character in ‘Game of Thrones’ is a blonde, Emilia is dark haired.
13. If the makers had gone completely by the books, her eyes would’ve been purple in ‘Game of Thrones’.
14. The school she studied drama at was also attended by Paul Bettany, Colin Firth and Pierce Brosnan.
15. She was also tested for the role of Sharon Carter or Agent 13 in ‘Captain America’ but lost to Emily VanCamp.
16. She had only 24 hours to prepare for the audition for ‘Game of Thrones’.
17. Emilia Clarke uses a body double, Rosie Mac, for her character’s nude scenes in ‘Game of Thrones’.
18. Clarke was voted the most desirable woman in the world by Askmen readers in 2014.
19. She is ranked #1 on the Independent Critics List of the 100 Most Beautiful Faces of 2012.
20. Clarke was offered the role of Anastasia Steele in last year’s ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’, but she turned it down because of the nudity.